Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Primitive Souls

As part of my spiritual direction plan I would like to incorporate create methods like art, music, dance, etc. So, as a first step I decided to visit an art therapist. Most art therapy that I know of is in major cities but I found one only a couple hours away in Monroe, WI called Primitive Soul with therapist Jennifer Edge. The family headed out yesterday for an appointment I had with her. It was a great session. I learned a lot about her practice and put emotions into art rather than words as I created a house (A project I definitely want to incorporate) and a heart thingy. The appointment was 2.5 hours and a hungry little Lincoln awaited me when I was done as well as a worn out baby daddy.

On our way home we stopped at Sinsanawa so Bryce could see the facility where I had been having retreats prior to the last one. I showed him my favorite spots, the giant auditorium and stage, the round church with beautiful stain glass, the hallway of art, the hallway of windows, and the labyrinth. I had walked this labyrinth every trimester with Lincoln and so I walked it again with him. He loved it and remembered it. Since we will not be having anymore retreats at the center he will have to return other times to walk it again.

On the way there we stopped by Sadie and Jason's in Guttenberg with a load of food. The last full moon had brought Stella into the world. They had a beautiful birth in their new tub.

No comments: