Friday, September 18, 2009

Vaccines and Lullabyes

Yesterday was Link's 8 week appointment. We decided to get the pertussis shot, which only comes as a combo so he also is tetanus and diphtheria protected. Link was so happy until the needle went in, then he screamed louder than he ever has. I nursed him right away after that. Dr. Schwartz said he is in the 98% for weight, height, and head circumference. He is still 14 lbs so three weeks ago when he reached this I bet he was nearly 100%. Beforehand we had used one of our coupons from the hospital for a mom's eat free meal. I split a Monte Christos with Bryce. He had never had one and even though he liked it he said that may be all he needed for life. The heaviness of it all gets to you.

Today I went and got the recommended meds for our conditions. Link got selson blue, which I just used and his cradle cap practically melted away. I ended up with a yeast cream used for vaginal yeast that i am suppose to apply in my breasts. It is working pretty well but it is a little scary since I have to wash it off before nursing. The box says don't take orally, the doc says it will do no harm. The only thing would be a taste problem for Link, but he also thought that wouldn't be a problem for this little "freight train." He was right. Link doesn't care one bit.

Also this week I started singing to Link to help him settle around a nap time. I didn't know what to sing so I sang Do-Re-Mi, which my mom used to sing to me. I wanted something more personal for Link and I so today I was randomly listening to the Beattles and picked out a great one. Golden Slumbers. My favorite line being "Smiles await you when you rise." I love it and it is in a key that works well for me, except "Homeward" is a little low.

No comments: