I have a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat. -Regina Spektor
I've had body issues forever. (thanks mom, grandma, high schoolers and media)
I also realize there are some things I really like about my body.
I'm not a big complainer of my body, but I make the occasional "my calves are too big for boots."
However I rarely make the "I love my teeth" comment.
So let's do it.
I love my teeth. With average care I have great dentist appointments. Never a cavity.
They are straight without braces. I have no wisdom teeth. I love my teeth.
I love my hair. I have thick hair with waves. It holds curls and straightening well.
Over the course of my life I have naturally experienced every natural hair color, except gray which is coming. I can go almost 3 weeks without washing it and no one can tell. I love my hair.
I love the eyebrows that need no maintenance.
I love the hazel eye color that lets me experience many shades.
I love the dimples that make my smile bright.
I love the tiniest cleft in my nose and chin.
I love my breasts. I love thier size and their wondrus ability to produce milk.
I love the length of my body. A happy 5'5,
I love my freckly shoulders.
I love my smooth back.
I love my vagina and its ability to stretch and heal and tighten and just do a whole slew of amazing things.
I love my voice. I love that it can match almost any pitch. That with practice it becomes something people like to listen to. That it can soothe my baby with one word.
I love my strong leg muscles. That I can slide a piece of furniture it took 6 strong men to move by myself using my legs.
I love my hands and their abilities.
I love my body temperature, which is comfortable almost everywhere.
Love this smile Felix had for Link at the Playstation.
1. Saturday we decide to go to Cedar Rapids (our original Valentine's Day plan). Our first stop was Newbo Market. We spent a nice amount of time there checking out the food sellers and then the snowman building contest outside. We also crossed the street to visit the book store and art gallery. By this time Link was getting antsy so we decided to find a kid's center. We knew the children's museum closed shortly before Link was born but we were hoping there was something. Online search said there was a science center in the basement of Lindale Mall, but when we arrived it was no longer in existence. So we tried one more place, the play station. It's a little bit like Jumpin Jane's, just without the inflatables and much more jungle gym. The boys had a good time. When we were done we went to Emmaly Renshaw's to chat and pick up a bag of used baby boy clothes. Issac is only weeks older than Link so they are still off season, but it doesn't matter. Me and her family moved back to Iowa about two years ago but we haven't seen them since they were still in Texas. Link and Ike were 8 months or so.
2. Bryce turned 35 Sunday. I gave him a few items off his amazon wish list. Link and I made waffles for him and we ate in bed. I also made brownies and tried to do some his daily chores for him.
3. Traces of baby brain are still evident. I missed my chiropractic appointment on Saturday. On Monday I realized 1099's were due to my former vendors a Whimsy about a month ago. I don't know why no one said anything. As I look through my paperwork I realize in April (when I was first pregnant and deciding to close the shop) I really jumped off the band wagon of keeping records. I have barely any records from then and I didn't do a final inventory. Great. I know I wasn't thinking, lets save this to when taxes are due and I have a new baby to contend with.
4. Felix and I had a little date to Oelwein. We went to the Goodwill. Then we stopped next door form some great Chinese food. Shrimp in Lobster Sauce is a favorite of mine. Then we went to August Osage County at the movie theater. On the way home the wind was so bad and the snow drifts so high I felt like I was in the middle of a tornado. I couldn't even see the windshield of my own car. I pulled over (to the best of my visibility) and called my dad. He came with his pick up and drove in front of me. Even high up in his vehicle he couldn't really see. It took us a long time to get to my parents. I stayed over night.
5. I also watched Gravity and Blue Jasmine on Amazon rental. Now I have seen at least half of the best picture nominees as well as ones for actor and actress.
6. Felix, Link, and I went to the doctor. Dr. Schwartz was also delivering a baby that morning so it was a good long wait in his office. Link drew on the chalkboard, played with trucks, watched my ipad. Felix had a great appointment. Weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz, measured 24 3/4" and head at 16.5"