Saturday, September 19, 2009

baby shower by land

Jasmine threw me an awesome baby shower by mail before Link was born. Liz threw me a land shower today. It was a great little get together but not really a party for Link. It not very well attended (invites were a little late going out) including the host. Poor Liz has a son with Swine Flu, so we all were sad but were glad she decided to stay home with her little guy. A few of my old neighbors in their 70s and 80s came and that was about it. Amanda was there with her latest, Olivia, who was born in August. Dani and her kids were there too. We didn't end up playing any of the games. (I think they were hoping for a bit of a younger crowd.) I had been waiting on getting some things from the baby registry so there would be items of all price range. I even went to Walmart to register because my mom complained that Target is too expensive and that most of the stuff is online only. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone even opened either registry because Link got a bunch of clothes he can't wear and disposable diapers. I think people were all thinking the same thing when they met Link "Crap, my outfit is too small," because they all said the same thing, "Wow, he's a big boy, what size is he wearing now?" My favorite gift was from Amanda which were something I never thoughts of buying but are awesome, glass baby bottles. We also had cute invites, great decorations (Lincoln Logs and Green balloons with marker to look like Olives, but looked like Witches boobs tapped all over) and the food was phenominal as always. They didn't know how many to expect so they made a bunch, but that means good eating for us all week. We all had a nice time, now I just need to find some storage space or meet someone having a baby boy.

1 comment:

me said...

rebecca bender (remember her?) is having twins. a girl and a boy. i bet she would take stuff.