Saturday, September 5, 2009

Carrot Top in a Sweet Pea Top eating Tomatoes


red, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

Today Link, Bryce and I went to Seed Savers to the heirloom tomato tasting event (which was free). We ran into Jenna and Lindsey, the last two of our baby group who had yet to meet Link. Link was pretty good but the hour wait in the hot sun got a little much for him and we spent most of the time inside while dad battled the heat and kept our spot in line. Needless to say we did not do the salsa tasting line. Link starting crying while outside and when I brought him in he was a siren. I walked straight back tot he bathrooms and everyone cleared the way for us. Later while sleeping no one would move out of the crowded shop. I met the person who got the job I applied for at Seed Savers Editor position. I like when I meet people who have my position and I say to myself "I would have hired them first too." It makes me feel better about not getting it. This guy owned newspapers and has tons of experience. I still would love to work there someday, maybe.
Yesterday we all went to Schera's when Bryce started work and I gathered signatures to run for City Council. I got the Harstads, the Gibneys, Kevin Lau, all the people who work at Scheras, and everyone in my knitting group. So I am good to go. I stayed extra as I was invited to peoples tables to join them in conversation. It was so gorgeous out it was hard not to leave the patio. I stayed during The Gibbons meal and part of Carolyn Corbin's. Carolyn's little ones Asha and Victor and their friend Rex all loved Link. They petted him, asked to hold him, loved him up and then went to play hide and seek around the billiard table. They are very cute.
All these great adventures failed to be captures on camera because when you are flying solo with a little one you have no extra hands. (And we just forgot it in the car at Seed Savers).

No comments: