Here is my top 10 for the month
1. A great weekend in Rochester, MN with Liz, Lew, Dani, and Todd (plus families). We went to the lake a couple miles down the road and had a great party with amazing ribs and great beer and karaoke that everyone got in on.
2. The garden is in bloom and we have been eating the produce. Today we tried our hand at some preserving and made our first batch of spaghetti sauce to freeze.
3. What Not to Wear. It started with watching a marathon in the hotel room my first night and has continued as I have found full episodes of youtube. I am getting so much out of my wardrobe by combining things I never have before. It is fun and I feel really professional.
4. AmeriCorps Training. I was in a fabulous hotel with fabulous food and surrounded with a majority of 23-28-year-olds who had no idea that I was older then them and had the same personalities that social justice seeking networkers have. So everyone was welcoming and caring.
5. I took an HDR class which I was slightly disappointed with, but then I went home and started messing around with Photoshop and found an HDR aspect so now I can do some of the effect on the senior photos I have been taken recently.
6. I started my job and I like it. I am gone a lot, but I like what I do and so far the people I work with. I have been getting compliments on what I have already accomplished.
7. I went to a Rotary Club meeting and I really enjoyed it. I am interested in becoming a Rotarian, but it seems slightly pricey and I need to find out a lot more about the organization.
8. Good Movies. Bryce and I went to see Captain America which was pretty good. I also went to see The Help when I was in Chicago at training. I went with someone who read the book and they said both were great. I liked the movie so I will probably read the book now.
9. Sushi with the Hefels. Baby Coos and Stella included. I am very much in love with the Playboy maki.
10. Musical practice is started and coming along. I like the songs I am in and my character is very much like myself so I am excited about it. We are doing Working which is based off the Studs Terkel book. My doula, Karin is in the show with me. I love hanging out with her.