Monday, September 21, 2009

baby clothes

As you know our house has enough baby clothes that I could have had quadruplet boys and been fine (and more is coming tomorrow). I have trouble saying no, but I really don't want to. When you have that much clothing coming in you get to be picky. Link will use about 3 outfits at the max per day. There is no way he could wear everything that came in and the outfits I really like I want to have him wear more than once. So, I have a big box to give away. Hopefully there will be a swap or jubilee sometime and I can bring the box.

The things in my toss box are usually these things-
items with commercial characters on them (Pooh and Mickey, with one exception- Suess)
hats- Link's hair is too beautiful to cover up (and he sweats)
shoes- I didn't realize until after I had a child how no baby really ever uses these
bibs- I am assuming they come in handy when you get to solids, but no use yet.
items that are short and wide- Either some clothing companies have never seen a baby or I am blind to all the short torso / extra fat babies.
items that are too male- heavy on the sports and transportation. I think baby companies think all little baby boys want to grow up to be sailors or construction workers.
items that are blue- I think I keep about the same number of blue clothes as other colors which leave a large remainder of blue.
items that are too cutesy- Right away I thought Link looked off in his nightgown with little tiny ducks all over it. As he gets bigger I must be thinking he is turning into an adult because almost all the 12 month old outfits with teddy bears on them went in the box.

Besides receiving blankets, hats, and shoes (all of which I have deemed practically useless) I also am wondering why diapers have characters on them. Bryce says advertising. I think too waste ink. Would anyone mind changing a plain white disposable diaper? Or even the tan like color before they are bleached?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The bibs will be useful for when he starts teething too....there will be copious amounts of drool :-)

And receiving blankets are good burp cloths - big enough to get explosive amounts of spit up.

LHD said...

So I guess this means you don't want any more clothes shipped - especially since we have lots of blue items.

me said...

you could freecycle.org them or the free section on craig's list. i mentioned them to rebecca bender but you could ask her too.

One Artist a Day said...

Actually Lori, your clothes were the absolute best! As you can probably tell from all the photos. Great taste I must say.
Thanks for the great suggestions girls.