Saturday, September 26, 2009

Creative Soul

I have a basic website up for my spiritual direction. www.birthyourcreativesoul.com. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. Is the font to hard to read on the home page?

I am excited to launch the new site and hopefully attain some clients over this next year. Thus far my internship has not been very fulfilling in "in-person" sessions, although I am loving my phone sessions. I am gathering some ideas on how to grow the face to face aspect. Hopefully this added creativity work will be a draw.

One thing that bothers me about finding clients is the same thing that bothers me about most of my life I guess, I am always in the middle. Christians think it is too New Age, Spiritualists think it is too Christian. I know a Morman girl in town who would be awesome and is going through some hard times. She was a student of mine and she actually did this type of work with me in class, but because it is a different context she thinks it is something different. I think she assumes I will try to get her to change religions or doubt her faith. I think people with often criticized faiths are super protective of them. They can try to convert, but they can't explore their own faith out of fear.

One great thing about being a Spiritual Companion is that it doesn't matter what I believe, I just have to be a great listener and supportive of whatever is helpful to the soul of the individual. I guess psychiatrists are the same way. So I can really help anyone on their spiritual journey.

This is good because I see a Spiritual Director myself and my own beliefs are not set in stone. While some think that is not good, I think it is a part of the spiritual journey, which never ends. I read somewhere that religion is belief, spirituality is experience. I like that.

I was reading through some more shaman stuff tonight. That is what has me up at 2 am (not my child) and I was thinking about the belief in ancestors and reincarnation. I am not sure I am a believer in past lives, but I do believe in our connection to our ancestors. As our dna is passed down so may pieces of our soul weave and create anew in a way that is beautiful and possibly brings up strong ancestral connections. I do believe in Creator-based evaluation so far back that pieces of us are part of the star that blew up to create earth. (The Creator of course creating everything before it which created star that we are not even aware of.)
What I am contemplating tonight is my love for the age of the hippies. It wasn't too long ago. If I wasn't a hippie in a past life than the dna I have from the 1960s and 70s was that of my parents or grandparents and they were not the same hippies that I feel so connected to. Can I be living with a piece of their souls that did not manifest itself or was ignored? Or maybe it is just there in other form. My parents may not have joined a commune but they did stay within a radius of their family, they didn't grow self-sustaining food, but they did farm.
I don't have to complete this thought tonight (or this morning), but I do want to contemplate it a while. The shaman book has a lot to do with connecting to past ancestors and learning as well as experiencing healing and healing their unhealed wounds.
I also wonder what Link's soul is like.

No comments: