Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm amazing

Today I found out I have yeast in my nipples and probably have for a month. Why am I amazing? Because it has hurt like hell for the last month and I am still breastfeeding. I guess I didn't make my point loud enough for my breast feeding helpers to know what was going on. I kept telling them I was really sore, but I should have said "My nipples are fucking on fire every second of the day, even the bras I wear rub against them and I want to cut my breasts off (three cheers for St. Agatha)." However help is on the way.

I am also amazing because I taught myself how to hand express my milk and not only am I faster at doing it this way, I can get more in one sitting. I filled a whole (4 oz) bottle on my first try. This is awesome as it also is saving my nipples from more pain with the hand or electric pump.

Links been a star today. The early morning walk might be just the right thing. He has slept a lot today and played so nicely. Unfortunately he and I both feel asleep so nicely at 2:30 that we slept through the first showing of "16 to Life," the first, possibly only, movie preview we will get in our little town because the film was shot nearby and includes some locals in the background. The only famous people I know in it are Carson from Queer Eye and the main actress is the red headed syphilis nurse from Grey's Anatomy. I may go to the Opera House showing of it later tonight, but I was hoping for the theater because I could be less conspicuous leaving or trying to hush a crying baby. Plus the first one is free and the Opera House costs money because the actors are going to be there talking, which I probably won't stay for anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes - I had yeast with Eden and feel your pain - it is VERY painful! Dr put me on antibiotics - didn't work. What worked was Gentian Violet. You can read the Gentian Violet information sheet from Jack Newman's website (http://nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=17) - he is the guru of breastfeeding. I see he is no longer recommending gentian violet alone but it worked wonders for us!

heidi