Thursday, September 3, 2009

hungry like a lion


i need low rise jeans, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.



I didn't think that I was really craving anything while I was pregnant, but I notice now things I ate more of or enjoyed more while I was pregnant compared to now. Now that I am breastfeeding I have more cravings and more hunger than while I was pregnant. Even pickles. I have been loving ham and cream cheese rolled around pickles. YUM YUM. The best part is, I am losing weight at the same time I am feasting. When Link was born I immediately dropped to my before pregnancy weight and now I am 10+ lbs lighter. I can't believe my lucky stars. Being pregnant was the diet I needed all along.
I purchased a bunch of nursing shirts from Old Navy (a new online only apparel line) for $5-$10. If I don't loose too much weight (which I probably wont) I should be set for the next few years. I bought a bunch of pregnancy shirts from Old Navy all at the same time at the beginning of my pregnancy and I still love them. I want to continue wearing them but they are shaped to make me look more pregnant which is not what I want now. It is a little odd shopping with another person in my mind. I have worn three already and they work great. I am going to keep wearing my lower cut shirts as I can easily pull them down, but the maternity shirts hide a little more. So far I have nursed at the Opera House, in the park, in the car, at the fair, etc. If someone in the county does not know what my breasts look like, they do not get out much.
Lincoln also has too big pants, but we are hoping he will grow into them. Why don't they make baby low rise?

No comments: