Sunday, August 2, 2009

Calder, Calcium, Cloth, and Cousins


cousins diana and lincoln, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

So Link missed sharing a birthday with Cat Stevens but he does share a birthday with Alexander Calder. Perfect for any little boy. Also Rufus Wainwright.

Link is on a nursing kick, two hours at a time and sometimes just minutes between them. My nips are starting to hurt a little. I am using lanolin and others have given me some great tips. How long does this last?!?!

Larry noticed I was lacking calcium in my muscles and I feel the same with my teeth becoming very sensitive now. So I started taking the calcium that Bryce bought at the beginning of my labor.

We are trying cloth diapers this weekend. The first G-diaper with cloth insert did not work. He peed in it while sleeping and his onsie was soaked. A prefold with a snappi and thristy cover worked great, but we need more small prefolds. We also used both of the velour all inone diapers and they worked fine. It is weird to think they are just on him for a few hours before they have to be taken off though. G-diaper with disposable insert did work, but got a little bit outside the insert.

Vahida came over with Diana and stuff from their neighbors garage sale. Giuntas (minus Monet who is in the Smoky Mountains) came over with 4 bags of Justin's old clothing. Bryce says people are just giving us clothes now to torture us. We have more outfits for Lincoln than he will need all year long. I think it is time to start being picky. There are also a lot of socks, hats, shoes, and receiving blankets. I love swaddling blankets, but I don't really understand the size of receiving blankets. What are they for? You can't wrap the kid n them and Link always gets his off if he is asleep and we put one on top of him. What are your receiving in them?

No comments: