Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Don't want to miss a thing


Eating at Schera's, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

Link has that cry now where he really needs something to happen and I am not sure what it is. Mostly overtired I think. I don't like it at all. However, I know it won't be there forever. I don't want to wish things away. Sometimes I think, man, people breastfeed for years, how? I don't want to do this forever. But then, I also can't resist the little smiles Link makes in his sleep after he is done nursing. It is probably my favorite part of the day.
We went to WIC today and everyone loved Link. He is so good with people and on outings, but saved all the screaming for mom and dad. He did have a growth spurt like I expected and is almost 11 lbs now. He went down 1/2 an inch, but probably because his cone head is shrinking. My hemoglobin is still really low. They made me test twice they were so surprised at the number. I am taking vitamins and such, but I guess I must have lost a lot of blood. I don't even remember any blood, except what was on Link when I first met him. Seemed like a pretty dry labor. I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. 10 lbs less. I don't know how that worked. I feel like a deflated balloon though. I miss that tight belly, the one I have now I could wrap him up in like a blanket. I also never noticed the neck. It is like an extra muff. Was that there during the pregnancy or did it deflate as well?
Tonight we went to Schera's for dinner. It was a nice get out. Link nursed for over an hour as soon as our food came. I used the boob hider that Lorri gave me and I really liked it. It has a stiff area so you can look down at babe while they are eating. It was pretty busy so we didn't get a lot of time with the boys. We left when Link got so cranky he turned the volume up to 11.

No comments: