Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Some more on our 1 month old

We weighed Link on or scale and he is 14 lbs!!!! We did it a few times because we couldn't believe it, but it is the truth. I guess a pound a week is right. He is going to be a chubmeister.
Links favorite thing is lint. I find it everyday in his hands, not sure where he gets it. He won't let it go without a fight either and he hides it in the folds of his fingers. ;)
We started to make horse lips at Link and he is utterly amused. He can not figure out where the sounds is coming from even when we do it directly in front of his face, he looks around us is a startled gaze.
Today Link and I went on a couple of walks in the kangaroo hold. It is not recommended until 3-4 months, but we have 3-4 month size baby so what the hay. He LOVED it. He has great neck support and loved looking around the street as we walked. He also slept very well on each return. He meet Christy and David (the cool earthy-crunchy ministers who just got back from a dig in Israel). Everyone comments on Links red hair which is coming in pretty strong now. If we cut off his birth hair he would be a full red head. His hair is so cute. It is very full on the top of his head and and in the back in mohawk fashion. He also has a great duck tail in the back which covers his stork bite.
My mom and Linda came on Saturday for Linda to meet Link. We went to Schera's for dinner and sat on the patio. Link slept the whole time in his moby. When Linda saw Link's stork bite she remembered that my mom had one. I told her that Bryce still had his and we checked to see if mom did too. She does!!! I can't believe I have known my mother for 28 years and I don't ever remember seeing the back of her neck.
I tried pumping in the morning (having been given excellent advice from Teresa) and it worked well. For lunch Bryce tried to cup feed Link, which did not go very well. Then he switched to the bottle which went better. Bryce was sad to put him on the bottle because he wants him to be all breast fed (even if it was breast milk), but he was really enjoying the smiles and coos I get, which made me happy. We will not have to pump much as I will be working at home for as long as I know, but we of course want to go out without Link sometimes and so we figure it is time to try to get him warmed up to the idea of feeding without me.

2 comments:

me said...

what is the stork thing? cup feeding? what is that? what is the kangaroo thingy? you have converted to all new jargon!

One Artist a Day said...

stork bite= red blotch on back on neck.
cup feeding= making baby drink from cup
kangaroo hold= facing out like a pouch