Friday, July 31, 2009

Visits Some More



Brenda and Karin came to do a week check up. They got to weigh him in the sling thing. I was happy because that is an image I often see during home birth photos. Link peed in it. Brenda asked me questions to address my feelings and let me cry. She cried with me and cried about how beautiful my birth was. She also wanted to assure me that the reason they suggested the hospital was because my uterus, which worked so beautifully to open up the first day (She said I was actually an 8 when she first checked me) decided that it was done working with me during contractions after so long. That made me feel a whole lot better.

In a somewhat nesting like way we bought a lawn mower and an upright freezer as well. Amber came to help move the freezer, though it was taken care of when she got here. My mom came later to drop off the lawn mower that I ordered in Waterloo. She also got a kidopatomaus swaddle thing that Link loves and a breast feeding bra that fit me perfectly. She made me so happy, but I think she left disappointed in me. She really wanted to hold Link and he was nursing the whole time. I think he is going through a growth spurt already because he literally does not take more than a 30 min nap in between and he will nurse for like 2 hours. I wasn't willing to take him off for her. She also was upset we got a freezer because she was planning on getting us that for Christmas. Unfortunately, we need one now with this little one here (plus I didn't know it). And then to make matters even better she had to ask me when we were getting him baptized, which I think my answer was a little to late in her time frame.

Trish and Richard brought Sam over to see Link yesterday. Today the Banses came with Jonathan. They also made all these onsies for us that are so fun, tie die and puffy paint. Joleen visited yesterday as well. Lincoln's umbilical cord fell off today. I'm glad, that thing freaked me out the whole time it was attached. I don't know why, but I have always been skittish around umbilical cord stumps. Probably because it is scab like.

No comments: