Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fat lip at the Doctors


We did a family trip to Link's two week appointment. Everything with Link is good, even the newborn rash and the spitting up milk through the nose. Link is over his birth weight and in the high 90% for everything. He is already wearing some 3-6 month clothing. We did have the liquid from his head hemotobin syringed out though. It was hard to see but I think Link feels a lot better. I am doing good too. Swelling way down. At least in one area, not in the face however. As we were leaving the doctor I totally banged the car seat handle against my lip and gave myself my own glamour lip. This photo does not involve me sticking my lip out at all, it is all puffiness.
Dr. Schwartz apologized to me about my labor. He said if he went back he would have not have let me push for 11 hours at the hospital (not to mention what I did at home) but would have excused the midwives and talked to me earlier about suction and I might have been done in an hour. The thing is though, had he done that I probably would have said no anyway. I loved the fact that he let my midwives still guide my process naturally, even if we did end up doing the suction. I hated going to the hospital and that was the one part that kept things real.

1 comment:

me said...

sorry about your lip. nice hair!!