Monday, June 29, 2009

Tips and Tricks

It's the last week. I'm going to miss some things about being pregnant, the movements, the cute maternity clothes, the freedom to still be spontaneous and selfish, the awesome comments from friends.
Of course there are some things I will be happy to be done with. The three point turn to flip from side to side in bed, the lack of breath, the hormone roller coaster, the suspense.
Now it's time to get the baby moving. When my bladder is full and I have to pee I almost want to just let it go so that I can think my water broke. Gross huh?
I've been taking the advice of everyone. I'm walking a lot. Although I should probably stop wearing skirts and sandals since I keep having to shake rocks out of my shoes and my thighs are chaffing. I'm having sex and doing massage. Tonight I even went to a wine tasting, which probably didn't look the greatest with my big belly and a wine glass, but baby is pretty much done developing (right?) and it was fun and relaxing. I also had coffee today. This was the first time since Halloween when I found out I was pregnant to have coffee or alcohol.
I'm so excited to have the baby now. I walk past the bouncers in the different rooms and just see the baby sitting there. I am making announcements that only need a photo put in. I'm so excited to see the cute thing. I wonder who has chosen to be with us. It will be so weird to have another generation living in the same home with us again and this time one we created. It will be weird to see the baby's interests develop, friends made, and beauty shine. Yay, come on out sweetheart, we are excited to meet you.

No comments: