Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Bryce got a Simpson's card and dinner at McCaffery's Dolce Vita (paid for by him) for his first father's day. He also got to sleep in until noon and it is 9 pm and he is already a sleep. We thought maybe he would get to see his bundle of sunshine today, but I am not feeling anything but baby moving.

Yesterday we went to Beth and Steve's BBQ. There were a lot of the same great families their including Annette Grau and family (a somewhat new bunch to the mix). One of the best things ever happened naturally. Because I was basically told I could go at any minute everyone started to talk about their birth expierences and they were all so positive. Four of the women had all their child (and some have 4 kids already) without drugs and in very natural ways. Annette loved talking about birth and all that goes with it. She had excellent tips of breastfeeding, including the fact that you can get your pump with your health insurance, you just have to call them first and find out where they accept it. She was hillarious talking about how she loved her soft belly as if it were the baby's blanket and letting her babies follow the dark line on the belly up to the dark nipples to nurse. I have been noticing a lot of darkness in my own breasts. I know this is a sign of pregnancy or motherhood. When I was watching The Reader and Kate Winslet was naked I told Bryce her body wasn't real accurate as her nips are so dark and yet she is playing a single woman.

When Bryce and I were about to leave I was putting the 7-up away and I dropped it. The lid wasn't completely tight so it starting fizzing out and spraying. Beth rushed in saying "Did your water break?" in all sincerity. I laughed so hard. I don't think if my water broke it would sound like fizzy spraying all over the place. I love Beth though. I totally wish she was more into birth, she basically did a scheduled cesarean birth for her little one. She made cinnamon rolls for everyone to take home and eat this morning, it was great. Bryce and I were one of the last to leave. It was odd seeing all the families leave, but their kids got tired and that is the way it is, isn't it? In the end it was Beth and Steve, three husbands who stayed, and me and Paula, the two pregnant ladies. Paula is due in September. Her husband's name in Paul so we keep teasing her that she needs to have a Pauline.

No comments: