Friday, June 19, 2009

Home Visit

Brenda, Moira, and Karin Martin-Hiner (new apprentice) and my mom came over for a home visit. They checked out where everything was in the home and brought the birth tub. My mom asked some pretty good questions to help with her fears. Everyone could tell she is rather nervous, but I think it helped. Bryce also felt better about his role. The only one left feeling not as good, is me. Nothing with labor, just the time frame of how soon it will be. Moira and Brenda were a little nervous about me possibly having diabetes with my measurements running so big so they did a test. What they concluded was that I am not, but instead I will probably deliver before my due date, which they tend to tell people the opposite. So why I think I am entering the teens I could actually be entering the single digits. AHHHHH! I'm going to be a mom. I'm in a dream world that I never will be, but I already am. All three midwives shared their stories on how they felt similar with their first child. Karin, when her water broke a week early, Moira when she first saw the blood. They all were like, "Oh, my God this is real." I'm in shock. It is coming.

No comments: