Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 4- 2013

A wedding chalkboard I started.  I took this picture for them to see the differences in chalk markers.
 On Monday Link and I went to story hour in Elkader.  He learned about doctors and I worked on play stuff.  Later that night Bryce and I took him to Schera's for the Chamber Dinner. 

On Tuesday we went to story hour in McGregor and afterwards had lunch at Simply with my friend Kaitlyn, who I am hosting women's group with in February.  When we came home I worked on the play some more and had practice.

On Wednesday I worked at the shop, did some design work.  Scores of people have been calling me this week.  Seriously, so many I have had to turn people down.  It must be a New Years Resolution thing.  "This year I am going to put together a website, brochure, business card, logo, etc."  If it rained like this all year, I wouldn't need another job. 

Thursday I had a bit of an orientation at the Extension office in Elkader.  I got handouts, went through the website files, toured the office, etc.  Finished up the day at Whimsy and had play practice.  It was the last day of OHP auditions so I thought I would have Link with me, but Bryce decided against being in it, so he stayed with Link.

Friday I met with Denise Jones about choreography, then worked more at the store and on design jobs.  The first $0 day of the year, so it was a good thing I had so many projects to work on in the meantime.  I finished the night watching "Beasts of the Southern Wild" which is beautiful!  I highly recommend it.  But please don't go in with the same nervous stereotype that a poor black little girl living only with an alcoholic father is going to get molested.  Spoiler alert- no one gets molested and there is no sex in the entire show.  Instead it is a beautiful story about the love between a father and daughter.  A tear jerker withOUT that "Why, God, Why" feeling at the end.

My friend Jody taught the crochet class.
I started out today with a crochet class at Whimsy Market.  It was well attended and part of a 4 week series.  Sadie is watching the shop so I am home now, preparing for Carnival.  Since Agnes joined choir this semester we have to work and make cookies and donate prizes and money, etc.  Thanks a lot Agnes.  ;)  I had extra cake last night so we celebrated Agnes and Link's half birthdays.  They were both born in late July. 

Afterwards I might go to a drag show in McGregor or to Sadie's house for "Ladies Night In."

No comments: