Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 5- 2013

This week was that weird weather week where it was 50 and sunny, lightning storms, the smell of spring, then a blizzard and -20 windchill.  School was cancelled or delayed most of week.

Sunday- 

On Sunday (and then Wednesday) I planned on going to Prairie for Silver Linings Playbook, but both days were terrible, so I may have to miss that one until it is on video. 

Also on Sunday a friend of mine from high school lost her 9 month old baby to a chocking accident.  That has been on my mind a lot lately.  I had just seen the smiley little boy in December. 

Monday-
I have been starting some schooling with Link these past couple weeks.  We have been doing some great Pre-K packets that help with letter sounds, writing, cutting, number recognition, etc.  He has really been enjoying it.  So even though there was no school for Agnes, Link had some fun learning about the letter F, among many other things.

I was in Prairie helping plan activities for a Wellness Event on Wednesday (that was later canceled).  Then I went to a Driftless Wisconsin Grown meeting.  The meeting was super inspiring and I wanted to volunteer for just about everything, but also kept in the back of my mind that I am soon going to be removing myself from the Prairie scene, so I need to pass things on to others. 

Tuesday-
Agnes painted Link's nails.  He loves them.
Link and I went to story hour (Cheri's kids all had the flu).  Then we joined Paula and the girls for some Chinese in Prairie. 

I got one good play practice in on Tuesday.  All other days were no school or no after school events.

Wednesday-
My meeting with the Extension Office this week was postponed twice this week.  I also closed the shop on Wednesday and kept Link with me instead of sending him to daycare.  No tap/gymnastics either.  There was so much snow no one was out.

Thursday-
Finished the chalkboard for Katie Allman's wedding.  It was a slow day at the shop.

I spent the majority of the day writing an article and taking pictures for inspire(d) magazine.  Look for the feature on Elkader in the Spring issue.

  
Friday- 
Link and I made Valentines for his daycare.

Agnes had an away game.  The rest of us went to my parents house for dinner and to celebrate Amber's birthday.  We hadn't seen anyone in a few weeks because my parents were on a cruise, then they came home with pnemonia. 

I have had a bad cough all week.  No other sickness, but my chest hurts so bad from the depth of each cough.

Saturday-

We had crochet class again.   I worked at the shop and then I held women's circle at my house. 

Kaitlyn was unable to come because the person filling in for her at work got fired.  So it was a small group, but Trish was able to come.  So we had some music along with sharing and snacks.  It was a very nice night. 

Sunday-

It is Super Bowl Sunday and the first time in six years we haven't been invited to a party.  We don't have television so there is no party here.  Agnes is invited to one.  I told her we were going to go with her (jokingly).

No comments: