Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Anxiety City

I haven't slept well in two days nor has my heart stopped galloping. 
I have two major things on my mind that will all be resolved this week.

1. I am doing the musical and I chose one that would work with the two Seniors that have been in all my other shows.  Both men. 
One of them did not sign up to be in the show!
It is a very challenging role that I don't think there is anyone else capable of doing it at the school.  Also, I don't even have enough men signed up for the show to make the show happen. 
I need to talk to him, but I don't know if I can convince him to do so.  I need divine intervention.

2. I interviewed for a the extension program assistant in Elkader.  It is very similar to the work I was doing last year with afterschool programming, but it is closer, better paying, part-time, and permanent.  I haven't even been offered the job yet, but I am scared that if I do, I don't know what I want to do. 
My term with AmeriCorps is not over until August and the musical is just starting, so for three months I could possibly be working 4 jobs! 
Despite the low pay and travel of the job in Prairie, I will miss the companionship and the people I work with as well as working for a goal I really like.  There is a possibility of signing on for another year (but then that is all I could do) but if I took this other job I wouldn't do that. 
Then there is Lincoln.  I am very happy with my life right now (except for income) because I feel like I get to spend equal time working and with Link.  I will definitely not have this. 
We were also planning on trying to have another baby.  I know I am dead tired while pregnant.  Could I even handle this.  I don't know if I would want to work more after I have a baby.  So would that be fair to even take the position. 
But maybe it will be the perfect fit.  They said the job is flexible hours.  It might work perfectly, especially if I didn't have the Farm to School position anymore.
If anyone out there is reading this and wants to weigh in, please do.  I need all the help I can get.
Again, I haven't even been offered the position, but the interview went really well.




No comments: