Wednesday, October 13, 2010

5 year anniversary

Well, as I already said, the first few hours of our anniversary was me trying to battle PMDD and failing miserably. However at around noon things turned around. We got moving. We took Link to my parents house where he would be staying the night for the first time without us. We had thought about going on a big trip but we decided over 20 states in a year had already been a big trip so we went to a favorite town of ours, Cedar Falls and did things we always thought of doing but never got around to. We stayed at the Black Hawk Hotel. Ate at Galleria de Paco, where the Sistine Chapel is replicated entirely in spray paint. We took in a show at the Oster Regent Theater. They were showing Sleepy Hollow. Then we went bar hopping our style. We had Martinis at the Stuffed Olive, Specialty Drinks at Montage and Cocktails at Lava Lounge. I was really hoping on going dancing, but the club I had been to only once before (and really liked) had been turned into a live band facility with hard rock music. So we went back to the hotel. We planned on having one of the remaining bottles of wine from our wedding, but felt like we had enough by this point. As is tradition we shared our apple pie dessert at Galleria de Paco in turnover form. We also got a flower bouquet from the same florist who did our wedding. When she was putting it together she hinted "I seem to remember a wedding around this time of year that had these same type of flowers." She was surprised to learn it was today. I would like to review all these places on Adventures with Lincoln, but am slightly overwhelmed with the task right now.
In the morning we ate a Java John's which is much cooler inside then I had ever imagined. We went to Goodwill and bought more items for our Halloween costumes and to Menards where we bought some wood shelves. This was what we considered our traditional wood gift to one another. This was another thing that we decided to skip this year. Bryce was going to get me a kindle but I told him not to right before he hit order. I think they are cool, but I really like listening to audio books more. I think an ipad would be cooler, but I am definitely not getting one without a usb port. I had a computer without a cd drive once and I hated the thing. If it can't easily transfer and save it is not ready for the public.
When we got back on Saturday we were really excited to see Lincoln. Bryce went to work. Link and I went to Brandi and Dale's wedding in Monona. I loved their bouquets which were all feathers. I got to talk just briefly to my friends from mom's group then I had to fly to drop off Link and meet Dani for karaoke. Busy day.
The next day we went to Heritage Days in Osborne. The weather was beautiful. Link and I entered pumpkins again. He got third place in kids, which I was really proud of. My awesome butterfly pumpkin got nothing. Seriously, I feel like I am passed over every time. The judges just don't go for my classy style of carving. Instead they pick a witch with a corn cob nose that has been hacked into place. I know it is silly to rant about, but I am a competitive person.
I have pictures of the weekend and my gorgeous pumpkin but we can't find the card reader so they are patiently waiting in the camera.

No comments: