Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is it only Tuesday

This week our easy going, world's best sleeper, little boy did a 180. Tantrums. No sleep during the day or night. I was fearing the wost, which would be that I am just such a crappy parent that it is now coming back at me. Drool today confirmed it is teething. He is getting in his canines which is heard to chew with since the other teeth surrounding are up. After tearing me up during nursing I finally found a good replacement, the top of a medical dropper. It may look funny but it slides right down between the teeth and is big enough for gnawing on.
Another side effect of teething which Link has never experienced is loose stool. So explosive and stinky and creating some major rash. No wonder each dump brings tears.
Naps are being skipped. Today I finally got him down by reverting to my old standard, nursing to sleep. So hard to go back when it use to take 5 min and now goes back to 40 min. If you just leave him he flips over and kicks like a bucking branco while screaming until someone comes and gets him. And judge me if you will, but we left his to this behavior for two hours and he never tired of it. And this was after rubbing his eyes and yawning for a long time so yes he was tired. His sleeping through the night has been ending at 3 -4 am. So we have been putting to bed really late now which lessens it just a little bit. Let's get those teeth in soon.
On the bright side he is starting to take steps every day and he is showing an awesome respect when we say no. Stopping immediately no matter what.

No comments: