Saturday, January 3, 2009

I've been doing better

Yesterday I really watched what I ate and took notice of how it felt. While it is calming to suck on hard candy and chocolate goes down smoothly, anything sweet is leaving an acidic taste in the back of my throat that I can not stand. Saltines are a good neutralizer, as is milk. Today I felt about 1/2 as dizzy, sick, and nauseated as I have on other days. Other side effects of pregnancy that I have had and from my reading may continue to have throughout is a runny nose and increased allergies.

After watching the documentary that Bryce got on a whim the other day (and my midwife had recommended to me) I am less fearful of birthing. There were several documented drug free births and you could see how painful it was, but how it was not death. I have a feeling I will swear a lot, tell people I am giving up, and hate it, just like I do on really scary roller coasters, but just like when I get off a roller coaster I expect my after reaction is "let's do it again."

I am feeling better about my midwife situation. I spoke with a CNM in Iowa City who said she was two far away, but she recommended some others that did Amish births in the area and one included the first midwife I spoke with. It was nice to have so many people recommend her, including a doctor of midwifery.

No comments: