Friday, January 23, 2009

Met the Midwife today

I LOVE HER! Brenda is my midwife and is awesome. Her apprentice, Valarie, was also there and she is great too. We met at Brenda's house for several hours talking about so many things. She was delighted to see our birth art. She gave me a series of blood and pee tests that really put me in the drivers seat to see what my results were. I don't even know the results of my actual doctors exam.
She taught us how to feel the top of the uterus and mine is already pretty high, only three finger lengths below my navel. It was barely above my pelvic bone two weeks ago.
I am really looking forward to having this baby. Meeting Brenda was the best part of my day. Work just keeps getting worse and I don't know if I can make it until my birth. I was planning on never leaving, but my co-workers are bears. They were not this way when I worked with them just three months ago.

No comments: