Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby Shower

Baby Durbin smoked for the first time this week. Second hand. Sadly it was at a baby shower. Not for me, but for my brother's girlfriend, Vahida, who is ready to pop. The shower consisted on Vahida's friend Zino and her mother (their house) and Vahida's three sister in laws. (They are all refugees. Vahida has two other sisters still in Bosnia. Her parents were killed in the war.) And my family (Amy, Linda, Andrea, Mom, Amber, and I). My sister and Vahida decorated and made the food, cabbage rolls, sodoma, and other food I can't remember the names of. It was all great. I was in charge of games. I did a passing a pacifier on straws in your mouth, drawing a baby on a paper plate while on your head, and guess how many were in the bottle. My mom paid for everything.
At the shower Z's mother said I a really good complexion, which is odd because I have terrible acne. Maybe I have the glow.
I don't know if anyone I know would throw me a shower. I usually have to have my own parties because my friends really don't know each other, maybe all my friends don't think I have other friends. I have no idea.
I'm trying to decide what one maternity t-shirt I want to purchase. Because I am trying to save money as well. I think I have decided to not buy any, but instead where a t-shirt Bryce got from his favorite radio show. "The Best Show," on WFMU.
It says "Get ready to meet my little friend" which is a funny mistake from a call in who meant to say "Say hello to my little friend.
Now for the weekly weather report. I am still stick. I'm 14 weeks. I should be done. I am pretending that I feel good and I am throwing up more than ever. Even places that were not work (such as in the car on the way home from our last appointment and at home). I also have this stupid sweet sticky taste in the back of my throat, I can't stand. Even bread puts it there. I don't want to eat anything for fear of having that.

1 comment:

me said...

i miss you so much.

i didn't know your brother's gf is bosnian. i had a bosnian friend who did chicago semester with me. loved her. love the culture. you're lucky. i wish i could get to know her.

i was just thinking about a baby shower for you! i'd be happy to organize a baby shower by mail if you want to send me some email addresses and places you are registered or at least stores you like for baby stuff.

kisses,
j