Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Hormonal Challenge

I'm have been crying, laughing, dying, loving life, etc. I have been reading about hormones lately. The author talked about how a few women have such severe hormonal change while cycling that they have irrational thoughts that seem so clear to them and they feel they have never been more right. I think I fit in that category. When I would cycle my manager would often get e-mails from me that were tangents about things I thought important which I was later so embarrassed about. I also always had my suicidal thoughts during this time in my early years. As soon as the cycle would end I would go back to normal. It seems I either have too much of a hormone or I just can't handle it.
This is all fine, I have a good manager and I try to realize what is happening when it happens and have been able to deal with it. Unfortunately, now that I am pregnant I am having hormonal swings that are taking me all over the map. I am loving life and at the same time wanting to not be alive. I am ready to quit the job I love. I am having incredible fun with my friends and family. I am not sure how to handle it because this is not going away next week. I've got some 5 months of this. Please pray for me as I don't want to ruin my life (relationship, job, health) or have a stressed out baby. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

1 comment:

me said...

i have similar cycle problems. i'll pray. i love you. keep on keeping on as they say.