Friday, January 9, 2009

150 beats

Today I woke up in such a positive mood. When the alarm clock music went off I said to Bryce "I love this song," which is very strange for my morning grumpiness. We made it to our appointment at the women's clinic. Although we have picked out a midwife, we have yet to meet so I am still doing routine exams at this clinic and I really like everyone. I would love it to be my back up hospital, but it might be too far away.
We heard our babies heartbeat for the first time. Cool to know the little one is actually there. 150 beats per minute, you can guess the sex if you want. Some people think they can tell from the heartbeat. We are not going to check. My uterus felt the right size so no ultra sounds and probably no twins. A pastor friend of ours just had twins last week. He looks wiped.
I haven't had a headache for the last few days, although I am still quesy. My new stomach settler is fruit snacks, gushers, and fruit by the foot. But seriously, who thinks that they actually taste like any fruit flavor? I saw the word strawberry on one package I was eating and I thought "Really?!?"
I still think it is funny that I am 14 weeks along, but my baby has only been here 12 weeks. That was actually a big surprise for me when I first found out.
Also confirmed was that I have only gained 1 lb, which is good. And the doctor actually said the words "Healthy" when describing me, so I am really happy. That is the one word I was hoping to hear.
Today I tried the rubber band through the belt loop and it works pretty well. Still need to make sure your shirt doesn't ride up. Can shirts get any shorter?
Two people I really like talking to about the baby are Lori at work (who has two young girls) who were both premies and Leslie Schiller at book club. She had three births, I know the last one was with a midwife. She always gives me the most confidence in everything I do.

No comments: