Sunday, February 21, 2010

Motivation Low

I have no motivation to work. I am in the spend and not earn mind set this week. I had two business ideas this week.

The first, I canceled the baby expo because I planned it on Easter and we will be in Columbus then, so Brenda is collaborating with me on something bigger in Rochester. So doing some baby steps to get that started. She stopped by when she came for a cpr class at the hospital and we had a lot of fun sharing ideas and catching up. I miss her.

The second, I am getting beat out of the market by photographers in the area who are doing cool things with babies and senior photos. All I really want to do is photojournalism weddings, but other people who don't like weddings so I think I am going to rename the business and focus on doing photography books. Such as a wedding story, a baby story, etc. Using some of the photojournalism I have already done I am going to make some books first to see if I like it. Because I want the "story" aspect of my photography I am thinking about Phairy Tale Photography as the title. What are your thoughts?

A couple of days ago I slipped on the ice while skipping along to the mailbox. I totally gashed my elbow, but ran inside fast because it was the beginning of school and lots of cars were going by so I was embarrassed. I think that had an impact on volleyball when I crashed into a teammate. I totally dislocated my elbow. We almost won two of our games this time. I am starting to really dislike one of my teammates who is really competitive. Although she is an average player, she thinks she is better than everyone so is running after everything, screwing up a lot of our plays.

On a more motivational high note, I finally got my family out the door on a Sunday morning to visit Gentry's church in McGregor. I have heard lots of good things and have wanted to try it out for a while. It was really nice as it was a small congregation with lots of kids Link's age so I didn't care when he was making noise and the couples were very friendly. In addition Gentry was lively. Bryce's comment was something like "What a difference a little enthusiasm makes." Gentry also brings a little bit of that black cadence and hop in the step in his sermons which makes you pay attention. Now I need to find out what the church's creed is and maybe we will attend.

No comments: