Thursday, February 18, 2010

101 List Progress

I have checked off quite a few lately. The newest being joining a monthly baby group. In actuality I just started to hang out with my mommy friends once a week, which is good to go. I also finally have the art studio clean and am working in it.

Today my mad art skills came out. I am doing art on a cart with volunteers every Thursday in the elementary. This week the art lesson teacher couldn't make it, so I stepped in. Charles, the art history part, got confused from last time and had a different lesson than the art we were doing. So, I ran home and got the watercolor supplies and quickly got the pages cut and the stencils on while he was teaching.
The class went well and the kids enjoyed the work they did. Afterwards, Charles (who I highly admire as he was a teacher in Berkley during his prime) gave me the greatest compliment of the day. "You have excellent classroom interaction skills."

No comments: