Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In the kitchen

Our kitchen has been working overtime these past few months. I have been making soup every week, each a different one from Mothering Magazine. I also am making bread, but I am having a problem with brioche. I've tried three times and it ends up moist crumbles.
Bryce and I noticed that this month we bought a lot of produce and none of it spoiled since we are using it more often in our cooking. My favorite soup so far has been the parsnip chowder.
We are also going through our spices more than ever before. Can you get small quantities to refill them at a co-op? I don't want to have a bunch of bulk containers around.

1 comment:

Joy said...

our co-op and the local grocery store chain sells spices in bulk that you just take as much as you want. parnsip chowder sounds good! what other soups? can we get recipes?