Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mason Jennings in Iowa

Last night Bryce and I went to Luther College to see Mason Jennings. People from our birthing group got us tickets. Lindsey (a doula) and her husband Andrew were our rise and we sat with them during the concert. Mason was just as awesome as ever. I told Bryce earlier that had I meet Mason in another setting where he wasn't famous, we would most likely be friends. After the concert we unintentionally ran into him and talked to him about all random things and Bryce agreed, we would be friends. He is right up my alley in spirituality and art and travel, and of course MUSIC. His concert was extraordinary, bringing tears to even Bryce and Andrew's eyes. It was the first time I had heard "The Field" and wow, what a powerful song.
After the concert we went to Peter and Melissa's home, which I loved. Full of artwork and open. Decorah and its homes remind me a lot of St. Paul. We had a good time sharing funny stories for another hour or two before we headed home.

No comments: