Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weather Predicitons

I can always compare the coming of fall from year to year based on our anniversary. This year it is very early. It has been rainy and cold for over two weeks now. The trees have all turned and they usually are just starting around now. This is one of my favorite times to live in Iowa because it is visual ecstacy. Besides the trees changing colors the ditches are filler with pillowy white weeds and when the sun hits the hills it is like being surrounded in pure gold from the corn and soybeans.

Halloween is going to be so cold this year. I keep thinking if I even knew how to get my ideas made I could make a good profit. My idea of snowsuit Halloween costumes is going strong this year. I don't remember how many times I shivered up and down the streets trick or treating.

We had the same kind of weather last year when we went to Clear Lake. It was mostly rainy and cold. Tomorrow we are taking off for Lanesburo, MN. They have great bike trails. Looks like we might not be spending much time on them if this persists. I was originally thinking of just Bryce and I going, but with Link breastfeeding it doesn't seem possible. My consultant says I would have to be able to pump as much as I feed him and there is still a chance he would have to have a formula supplement when returning. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore because I only have one bottle in the freezer. I did end up purchasing an electric pump and have mastered that pretty well. It does cut down a lot on time but being a multi-tasker and having to hold both bottles I get a little anxious looking around at what I could be doing if I was hands free.

No comments: