Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Vintage and The Rainmaker


The Calling of St. Lincoln, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

Our lifestyle gets us out the door at about 11 am each day. Vacation is no different. Therefore we end up getting early lunches and end the day with a late night snack. We started our day at Pedal Pushers, a 50's type diner. It was quaint. The nice thing about the green movement is almost all restaurants in Lanesboro use local produce and livestock. I had a BLT, which I mostly enjoyed alone because Link had a blow out pretty early on. We went home to change him and then got out again at about 1. We walked around town visiting the little shops.
We got local rhubarb wine at the winery, a great shell rattle for my practice at a Native American store, and went to several great galleries. The Cornucopia was by far my favorite. We were greeted by an artist I have been wanting to own for a long time, Kelly Jean Ohl. We loved so many different pieces of all the artists but we ended up buying a Ohl wall piece for our yearly art piece.
We also popped into Slant Avenue which was my favorite store. It is like the Patina of Lanesboro. We got a skybar and looked at a lot of tin toys and great books. Lincoln got a great fall jacket. It is knitted with a hood, a wolf and numbers on it. We also found his a great knitted brim hat with a train on it.
That night was a planned evening. Reservations at the vintage produced another amazing meal. This restaurant has experimental food and the menu changes daily. This photo is of Link in front of one of the murals.
We followed up the evening with walking next door to the Commonweal Theater. We had tickets for The Rainmaker, which is similar to the Music Man only set in the dust bowl and with one family. The Music Man is replaced by the Rainmaker. Link was pretty good throughout, but we had to go out several times because of too loud of babbling. We took turns. It wasn't too bad going outside the theater as you could still hear the actors in the lobby and the art in the lobby was fantastic!!! The show was great, I loved the dad in the show and the stage set work. When I opened the program the first two names I saw I knew. The Assistant Producer was a kid I worked with at EWALU (Andy Bakehouse) and the costume designer was Lisa Lantz (a member of my baby group).

No comments: