Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Diana and Link stutter alike, but eat differently

Last night Dustin and I took my mom out for her birthday, with everyone except Amber who had class and Paul and Vahida, who were at work. We went to Leo's in Oelwein. While we were there Lincoln and Diana noticed each other across the table without us realizing it. Soon they were gabby up a storm to each other, shreiks and laughs, it was fantastic.

Afterwards we went to Grandma Koch's house so she could see the kids. My grandma is the queen of old wives tales and bad advice. Last night I learned that besides not picking up my child when he cries, not letting his suck on anything, and not letting him sleep with us I should also not tickle him because it will make him stutter. Where do people come up with this stuff.

I have been really good about keeping my tongue held though and not letting things bother me so that I get all heated underneath. Instead I just blog about them. I am also proud of myself for not saying anything when Dustin was talking about jars of baby food and how they are probably better for the baby than real sweet potatoes, for example, because they probably stick good stuff for babies in them.

Anyway, besides those two little points to bitch about, everyone had a really good time.

No comments: