Saturday, October 3, 2009

up and down the financial rollercoaster

So I haven't been wanting to pay this hospital bill, because of the bad feelings I have in going, because my midwifes still did almost all the work, and because paying it all at once would take all we have and max out our credit cards. So since we qualify for Medicade and Charity Care we applied. Charity Care turned us down. I think our last years taxes is what throws everyone for a loop, since we would have not qualified last year. Medicade denied us because Bryce forgot to send something important, but we appealed, sent it back in and got accepted. Yippee! I am not one of those people yelling at health care reform and first in line for Medicade. I am for health care reform and last in line for Medicade, but still needing it.

I also am moving forward with my own occupations. I am getting locations for my art/spiritual direction and getting my home studio cleaned out so I can make products too. I had an idea for an etsy shop that I would really like to do. Despite all these things going well for me I keep looking in the help wanted section. I guess the imidiate need for money sometimes overrides the patience I have in watching my own businesses grow. Yet I am totally a person who should be working for myself. I have good ideas, a good work ethic (despite the last wasting time post) and I need a flexible schedule to be with Link. If I did go back to work full time Bryce would get hardly any work done and be way stressed and I would not see him at all Thursday and Friday. Or we would have to do day care and with paying for that and disposable diapers (since they don't allow cloth here) it would just be about the same as me staying home and taking these big once in a while jobs. Bryce and I love being able to work from home and spend so much time with Link. I have become a big supporter of government assistance for stay at home moms. It is almost like the government paying you to be a mom. I can't remember if it was the feminine mystic or something else we read in Feminism Honors Class, but something we read laid out how women could get paid for being stay at home moms and the country would improve. WIC and Medicade is about as close as they come right now.

No comments: