Monday, April 2, 2012

2012- Week 13

1. Wizard of Oz on Friday and Saturday night. The kids did amazing. Sold out show both nights and crowds were full of laughter. I ran the lights. Everyone always asks me if I am glad when it is over and I never really am. I love working with the kids. Even if they have me going gray early.

2. Bryce went to a fancy beer tasting as Schera's Restaurant.  He and four others continued the party at Chris Hadley's house after the event was over.  They invited Link and me over to join them.  I have a huge crush on Chris so whenever we get to hang out (besides working on the musical together) I am happy to.  Fortunately Chris and I stayed sober or the last performance of the musical would have been something like "Hey, remember that show where the director and accompanist came smashed."

3. The cast party for the musical was held at the bowling alley (owned by parents of one of the crew members).  We had the place to ourselves to I taught Link how to bowl.  He loved it.  Especially the ball return.  

4. The Auxiliary Rummage Sale was this weekend.  I didn't find as many good finds as I did last year, but a couple.  And I am seeing lots of pallets in dumpsters around town so I might need to do a late night run as there are many pinterest projects I have been looking at that are made from pallets.

5. The flowers we planted when we buried Thyne are in bloom, just around the time when the little one would have been born.  They are beautiful.

6. Hail storm.  Brought down some of the flowers, but that just made us bring them inside.

7. On the way to the grocery store Link and I stopped to introduce ourselves to the kids who were just adopted down the street.  Jonah 5, Maddi 4, Isiah 3.  The kids loved him, even though Link was a little shy.  I think their dad may have been a little overwhelmed with our visit.  He kept telling Jonah not to tickle Link, which made me felt like I should tell Link to stop tickling back, even though I think that is just how kids play.  Anyway, they all hugged when we left and Link even said "I love you."  Photo care of the Burns' and Milestone Photography

8. Link has been singing whole sentences out of songs this week, his favorite being "I love rock and roll".  He sings "I love rock and roll, put another dime in the juke box babah",  "playing my favorite song"  and "wooooww" while driving in the car.

9. It took a little bit of rewarding Link for going potty in the toilet again, but so far we are back to normal.

10. Link's first dentist appointment. I had to pry his mouth open for the doc to say "Yup, all 20 teeth." Link didn't like it, but he did talk about the new tooth brush he got all week.

No comments: