Saturday, April 28, 2012

10 artist I learned about this year that I love


 1. Florentijn Hofman- giant temporary sculpture. 
At first I thought it was the most recent Jeff Koons, but not so.

2. Evol- Street artist who makes worlds on trash.  3d spray paint.  A new love to follow my adoration of Banksy.

3. Jason de Caires Taylor- Underwater sculpture of people that sea creatures make their home.
A totally original idea that I can't get enough of.  I want to go to that.

4. Tim Noble & Sue Webster- Shadow artists.  I love clever work and they do it in every way. 

5. Samantha French- painter of swimmers underwater.  I love realism painting without faces and what a great way to do it by using this perspective.  I want one.  Badly.

 6. Ursus Wehril- organizing art.  So clever.  He photographs the before and after.  This would be a fruit salad.

 
7. Jonna Pohjalainen- nature art.  Mostly just colored pencils and trees but I love this idea.  I have been thinking of doing in on the island I pass on the way to work.

8. Etienne Gros- foam art torsos.  Such a simple idea but so beautiful and perfect material.
9. Yanni Floros- hyper realism drawings of the back of modern women.  I've always like looking at the hair on Wyeth paintings.  This is pretty much the same thing only brought to the the 21st century.

10. Zander Olson- environmental artist, playing with sightlines and trees.  I think they are wrapped, maybe painted.

No comments: