Monday, April 23, 2012

2012- Week 16

1. Monday I woke up to either a swollen gland or a very tight muscle in my jaw.  It worked itself out, but my jaw is still in a lot of pain when I yawn.


2. It's been one of those weeks where Link seems to have grow a year in a day.  His conversation is at the next level.  We had several fun activities this week together including finger painting and magic tricks.  He was fascinated that I could make my cell phone disappear under a cloth and pull it out from his shirt sleeve.  "That's amazing," he said.  Then he impressed me with a magic trick of his own.  He was able to fit his entire body through a medium size embroidery hoop, which he did without any prompting. 

3. Self Help for Dummies had its closing night.  The writers of the show came from Canada to the Friday night performance and they were great to hang out with afterwards.  Bryce was pumped.  They said really great things to the whole cast and one of them told him he would have been cast as the same character in their production, had he been there.

4. Jim and Betsy came from Ohio and stayed with us Friday-Sunday.  They were making a vacation of it, first stopping in St. Louis to go to a few ball games and then to visit Joy on her 30th birthday after seeing us. They went to both performances of the show and watched Link during the cast party.  It was a great visit.

5. Sunday we went to Adam and Leslie's and went on a mushroom hunting adventure.  It was a good gathering of people and food and we even found mushrooms (and Link found his mush-tache).

6. Link picked up two new songs this week.  "Hit the Road Jack" which he loves.  He does a great "What'd you say?" at the end of the verse.  He also picked up "It's a Beautiful Day."


7.  The cast party for the play was at Cheri and Jonathan Moser's home.  It was a lot of fun and laughter.  I wish I had more reasons to hang out with the cast than I have been able to.  They are full of fun.

8. I had several people request a get together and a few needing my services in graphic design, which always makes me feel great.  Cranked out some super fast business cards and have another set this week.


9.  Good conversations with Bryce about our health and the changes we are making to eat real food.


10.

No comments: