Monday, April 30, 2012

2012- Week 17

1. I took my Dr. Sears Vaccine book off the shelf and began reading it again.  I love that book because it reassures me that we are not endangering our child or the children around us by skipping a few shots.  It also reminds me that nursing is the major reason why we have such a healthy child.


2. Tuesday was a big day for Link.  He went to story hour at the McGregor Library, followed by McGregor friends picnic at the playground.   We went to the playground and Link learned to log roll.  And we finally let that big red balloon, we got in March, go with a note attached. 

 3. Bryce took a day this week to nurture the artist in him and make art that he wasn't getting paid for. We gave him the whole day to create.

4. Thursday I had to work for AmeriCorp, but it was both rather fun activities.  I went to Boscobel Earth Days and taught the kids how to make frog calls.  Then I went to PALS program at Hoffman Hall and led parachute games.  Link spent the day with Karin and kids at the library, bakery, and then our home. 

5. Link was in awe to meet Abraham Lincoln on Friday.  The impersonator visited the Elkader Library to give a talk about his life.

6. We don't want to spray our yard since Link plays outside on it every day for long periods and we are overgrown with dandelions.  Bryce spent hours trying to pull out like 1/16 of them and had a wheel barrel full.  So we decided to make lemonade out of lemons, or rather sauteed dandelions out of their stems.  Link has found the joy in blowing off the seeds.  Maybe that's not helping the situation.

 7. On Sunday we went with the majority of the cast from Self Help for Dummies to see Anamosa's version.  It wasn't too bad, but our version was definitely funnier.  Of course all the cast members had to bash their characters for their own ego trips.  The set was much better though.  The best part was just hanging out with this group of people. 

8.  Link got his hair cut and was really good so he got an ice cream.

9. I dug into the badge-a-minit that I bought at the last auction.  Not only did I have a good time making buttons, I also found a plethera of vintage hand made buttons that I am going to bring to Whimsy Market.

10.  I put in my three month notice at Whimsy Market.  In return the owners of the building have come to my aid.  They don't want the store to end either, but understand my lack of time so we are working on something to keep the store front alive.

No comments: