Monday, April 16, 2012

2012- Week 15

1. I ate at El Maguy in Prairie du Chien during my lunch break.  This little Mexican Restaurant was so flavorful that I even ate the refried beans!  Even though it is in the same location as the previous Mexican restaurant in town, it is different and worth a stop.

2. I was in a shopping mood this week, which fortunately coordinated with garage sales in Prairie du Chien.  I picked up a bunch of shirts for Bryce, a yellow rain coat and Melissa and Doug fishing puzzle for Link and a box of old constellation cards in perfect condition for me. 

3. Link and I went to see the Lorax.  It was good.  Since the Lorax is one of my favorite Suess books, I had a whole lot of expectations and not all of them where met, but I liked the message.  Link was the best he has ever been.  This was the first movie he didn't need to leave.  He was quiet most of the time, kept his glasses on most of the time and didn't spill a thing.


4. Ella had her baptism.  John Guinta and friend of Vahida's I didn't know were the sponsors. Diana was a a show stealer, especially when she yelled a the priest to smile when she saw someone taking a picture during the ceremony and then followed it up with "I like your dress."  She also had complimented me earlier that day that she liked my tutu (skirt).

 5. Bryce's show started at the Opera House.  I ushered on Friday, which was also the first time I saw the show in it's entirety.  It was hilarious.  Bryce is awesome.


 6. Even though I am a photographer I don't really like to do baby and kid portraits.  But I decided to pick up the camera and do some artistic photographs of Link this week.  I am always in awe of the deep curves and soft shapes of his body so I wanted to capture them.  I really love what resulted.  Of course few people will see them because I am not going to post a bunch online.  Too many creepers.
If you have interest in seeing them let me know.

7. I judged the Drama Festival for Crawford County 4-H.  It was a really fun event.  Kids of all ages  joined to put on plays together.  I saw 6 plays and had to pass one on to state fair.  I chose the Rabbi of Chelm.  The kids were fantastic. 

8. I won several items at the Garnavillo Auction online.  Couch, Chair, Rain Barrel, Globe, and Button Making machine.  I got everything for a total of $39.  I was sad about a few items that I see the total is like $2 more than what I bid, but I suppose if I have bid higher it may have been the same few dollars more, but a lot higher price. 

9.  Link has been sick this week, rough cough and runny nose.

10.  Two Mit and the Burger Barn opened.  Already stopped at Two Mit.

No comments: