Saturday, October 26, 2013

End of October

Weekends have been busy here.  Two weeks ago we went to Spook Cave for Paula's birthday.  It was a nice night and I got to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.  One disappointing event was when I went to check on Link at the bouncy house he was sitting at the entrance, slapping Jarret continuously as Jarret entered the bouncy house.  It was the first time I ever saw Link fighting, where he was actual intentional in hurting another.  We left shortly after.




On Sunday I played in the bell choir at Peace Church and then we went to the Norwegian dinner where I proved to myself that my diabetes meter doesn't always read low, I just have a pretty good diet keeping it down.  I blew myself off the chart with a 230 reading. 


Tuesday was a super busy day.  I met the other midwife, Katy, attended a work conference in Postville, went to pick up Link who was having a playdate at Summit's house after Kinderhaus, and then I went to my first parent teacher conference.  The teachers were very positive about Link, saying he often plays by himself (but not in a concerning way), but then wanders over to other kids and plays with them.  They said he was very inventive, including making up new songs and new ways of sewing.  I have noticed a new love in spelling and making words.  He loves to write "I Heart U Mama" or things like that.  He also loves to say from the backseat of the car while we drive things like "What does A-n-g-r-y Space B-i-r-d-s spell?"  Whatever he is looking at.  He is getting more interested in the baby and really hopes it is a girl.  If it is a boy, he has to be named Lincoln Oliver Durbin.

Wednesday afterschool we did special effects make up.  The kids had a blast getting all bloody and bruised.

Brian and I set up shop at the Turkey River Mall.  It is on the third floor so getting stuff up and down there is a little hard to do, but I am excited to have a shop again.

  

No comments: