Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pregnany Changes

This pregnancy has been totally different on my body.  I feel like there is a lot more movement that with Link, but I can't exactly remember.  I am measuring way over so I have to go in for a gestational diabetes test.  Brenda said it could be this or a fibroid feeding off hormones or multiples.  I asked if missing another baby during an ultrasound was possible and she said it was.  This slightly scares me because I was reading through my hospital record and Dr. Schwartz did put down he got two heart beat readings the first time, but didn't say anything the second time.  Is it sad to say that I am praying for diabetes?  or better yet a fibroid? 

I am also having to go to the chiropractor much more frequently.  I am getting a small amount of actual cash for health insurance with my job at the Extension so I am applying them this way.  My lower back is always in pain, especially my left hip which never seems to stay put.  And I have a lot of pain along my public bone.  It feels almost bruised.  I told my midwife and she told me some moms have had the cartilage tear away from the bone and had to use a walker for several weeks after giving birth.  This scares me.  I had my chiropractor adjust the bone (embarrassing) but there didn't seem to be much change.  I am not sure what it is.

I am very much in nesting mode, but also very busy with work and family schedules.  So when I have any down time I start really big projects.  I decided to paint our stairwell.  I cleaned the entire house.  I put up shutters outside the house.  I put the sink in Link's play kitchen.  I finished Amber's wedding photo album.  I cook from 100 days a Real Food.

Our food change is still doing really well.  I am figuring out the co-op shopping nicely and am comparing prices with the blogs list to see where I can make adjustments.  My latest find that I am very excited about is milk.  I love milk so the likelihood of me ever giving it up are slim.  But organic milk is crazy expensive.  Around $6.50 a gallon.  But yesterday I noticed the local dairy that was recently started in Waukon, WW Homestead.  Their milk is non-homogenized so you have to really shake it before you drink it, but then it tastes exactly the same.  It doesn't have the organic label, but because of Farm to School I know they practice organic methods (maybe even better than some of the farmers with the organic label that I don't personally know) and their milk is around $2.50. 

2 comments:

Christy said...

ooh, a surprise baby maybe? ;) cute bump!!

Cheri said...

Alright, you successfully made me feel SUPER lazy. (She said as she popped the 2nd reeses peanut butter cup into her mouth.) Way to go on all the accomplishments! I'm anxious to hear what happens with the test!