Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 7- 2013

 Monday
Link and I went to library with Jill.  Paula was the only other person there (with Taylor and Nora).  Jill was not as enthused to have story hour with so few kids, but she read them a couple books, showed them a movie, then had them make Valentines.  I made some heart glasses for Link which I think brightened Jill's day a little bit. 

Tuesday
Library with Jane.  It was a half hour postponed without warning, so we went to Cheri's house for a little bit first.  Then the kids had there fun.  Afterwards Link and I went to the toy store in Prairie for him to use his $5 he got in a Valentine from his Great-Grandma.  He looked around and I told him what things cost.  He was going to buy a wooden movable robot, but then he remembered that the card said to eat candy, so he decided to get a ring pop.  I told him he had enough money for both, but he said "No, look at the robots face, it's saying grrr." so he decided to buy a $1 ring pop and it made the rest of his day.

Wednesday
I put in my first day at the office at the Clayton County Extension.  Arranged the furniture in my cubical.  Answered some phone calls.  Took some checks that came in.  AND THEN one of the Council Members came in to tell me one of my new co-workers is not to be trusted.  I am pissed.  How unprofessional.  Now I am not sure I want to work here.  I keep thinking is there a lot of backstabbing that goes on here, lots of butting heads, if she is so untrustworthy why isn't she gone, if I become friends with her will this council member think I am untrustworthy.  Needless to say I am not very happy about it, but I can't see any positive outcome to me reporting this so I will just sit and stew about it for a while.

Thursday
Valentines Day!  Link was super excited to hand out Valentines to his daycare friends and receive them as well.
We finally had a Farm to School, after several cancellations.  This one was in Wauzeka and we actually had two farmers present on grass-fed beef.   Tom Martin on Angus and Bart Mitchell on Limosin.  The kids loved having them there and chewing on their jerky.
I also picked up a list of things at Walmart for Agnes.  One of them was diet pills.  So I texted her a message about how I was so sad to see this on the list, how I thought she was beautiful, on and on.  She texted me back: They're for my mom.
Whoops.  Due to the low cost of thing in comparison to Norway she often sends items home that they request.  Now I need to send the same text to her mom, right?
Bryce had a performance review with his job and ended up with a raise and a bonus.  Way to go hubs.

Friday
I had a meeting with Clayton County Extension.  A performance review in Crawford that went really well.  Farm to School at Prairie.  Then we went to St. Mary's Fish Fry and then to Vahida's to celebrate her 13th Anniversary of coming to America.  Zinno and her partner were there too.  It was low-key fun.  My dad was in a "They say these are the golden years but I can't name 10 good things about getting older" mood, which made me cry all the way home.  I love my dad and I want him to be happy with his life.  I think his recent sickness has got him down in the dumps, but he is getting more sour every time I see him.  And he is only in his 50s!

Saturday
Saturday was equally as busy.  Crochet in the morning was making infinity scarves.  Then choreography in the afternoon.  Then back to Whimsy Market until close.  There was no break in between so I was grateful my parents had Link.  And we followed the night up with the best meal I have ever had a Schera's.  There Valentine three course meal was scrumptious.  We had Pulled Smoked Quail with Cherry-Infused Goat Cheese on Toasted Baguette, Fried Risotto Balls with Harissa Aioli, Smoked BBQ Lamb Rib Chops, Pistachio Encrusted Tuna Steak with Pear Ginger Chutney and Jerusalem Artichoke Mash, and Strawberry Pavlov.  Amazing.

Sunday 
Much more low key of a day.  I spent the afternoon filming Trish at Whimsy Market for her Kickstarter Campaign video for her new solo record.  In the evening Bryce and I went to Les Mis.  I had only seen a high school play of this and heard the music from friends songs.  I came away absolutely loving it and realizing how ambitious it was of that high school to try it.  I want to see it again.

No comments: