Monday, February 6, 2012

2012- Week 5

1.  I was able to experience a learning moment with Link.  He decided it was time to push the pedals on his tricycle and now he can go off on his own.

2. Michelle (my partner at Whimsy Market) dropped a bomb on me saying that she will not be renewing her lease with Whimsy Market after our 1st year anniversary in August.  So I am faced with a huge issue of whether I take this store on myself, close it, or find other partners.  It is mind-bogglingly hard to decide, especially with it working so perfectly right now.  My heart is broken and this is taking most of my attention this week.

3. Had lunch with Amy, my boss at AmeriCorps.  Chicken PoBoys and Nine Irons at Simply and I am in heaven.  I was thinking she might have bad news for me too, but it was a joyus lunch.  I excitedly returned to work dreaming up summer camps for this year.

4. I talked with the 5th grade class about being munchkins in The Wizard of Oz and I have a great cast of them going. I held auditions today and their nervous little wavering voices were perfect for the song.


5.  Bryce auditioned for the play at Opera House.  He seems pleased with how it went.  I don't want to say anything else because I know the director may read this blog post.  Or maybe I should.  With talent like his he will have the audience weeping, laughing, and giving a standing ovation in the middle of the performance.  (JK)

6. Link discovered the other difference between moms and dads that doesn't deal with nursing.  We also made valentines and made hand puppets by drawing eyes on the side of our hand.

7. Pay day.

8. A couple got married in the hallway outside where I work (in the county office). 

9. Superbowl party at Paul and Paula.  Really good to catch up with a few friends. 


10.  Making Valentines with Naomi.  This time we are making them in our seperate locations, but still fun to do.  She is so creative it was a delight opening up her box of Valentines.  And she let me pay her share with the left over istock credits I have that are about to expire.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

#5 - Hahahaha!! No comment. ;)

#9 - Bummer! We were going to go to Paula's for the Superbowl but we had company all weekend and stayed up WAY too late. And the girls had their first sleepover at Gma's house and that didn't go well. We thought it best to stay home and all go to bed early.