Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Minor trauma

Watched the first ten minutes of a documentary about sea turtles. The baby turtles hatched and then had to crawl to the sea. The movie introduced the turtles' predators (crabs and gulls) with dramatic music. I said to Shannon, "I don't want to see the turtles ripped apart!" and then Link repeated me. The worst thing was that I'm pretty sure he understood exactly what I meant. Netflix said it was a children's documentary, but there were shots of crabs grabbing turtles and dragging them away! I might have nightmares myself! It was like the beginning of Saving Private Ryan in reverse.

In other news, I taught Link the background vocal for M83's "Midnight City". I hear him singing it to Shannon as she's putting him to bed right now.

1 comment:

Emm said...

My kids LOVE this documentary, we watch it at least twice a month. I thought it was pretty violent, but E said, "The birds and crabs just need to eat". I think we have a biologist in the making :).

There is a great ocean documentary, just a heads up the baby calf does not make it :(.