Monday, January 16, 2012

2012- Week 2

1.  Marge Banse had a little party which included Bryce and me as practice for her deep tissue massage.  We went to her home and played games with the kids while she did an hour session on one of us at a time.

2.  I held auditions and cast the high school musical.  We are doing The Wizard of Oz.  I was shocked that only 5 girls auditioned.

3.  Went to the dentist and had two cavities filled.  It was fine, but my bottom jaw was numb most of the day which is always an odd feeling.

4.  We had our first real snow, big enough to need shoveling.  Still pretty nice outside though.  We went out and made snow angels in the dark.  All was going well until Link pushed a bunch of powdery snow onto his face a freaked out in a major way.  We even made snow ice cream.

5.  I had my last Peace Church Council meeting as a board member.  I spent two years on the board.  Seems to have gone very fast.

6. We went to an Opera House meeting in town.  It is always a little weird to hang out with drama nerds who randomly quote lines from dozens of plays and musicals, but the fact that I know from which productions they are talking about makes me one of them, I guess.  It is also a great social time.

7.  Martin Luther King Jr Day is trying to become a day of service.  Through AmeriCorps we talked about ways to be of service.  I had the K-2 grade after school program go to the nursing home and assist the older people in their activity for the day, which was making snowmen and penguin out of shoe prints.

8.  I watched Max and Mary on Netflix and LOVED it. I came across it randomly.  It is a claymation, adult themed movie about a pen pal relationship with a little girl in Australia and a man with Ausburgers in NYC.  I cried several times.  Philip Seymour Hoffman and Toni Collette do the voices.

9.  I went shopping at Maurices.  They have a $5 clearance sale.  I got 16 new sweaters and tops.  New clothes always make me so excited.  This time I did make sure to take 16 items out of my closet that I don't wear anymore and donate them.

10.  I went with my sister and mom to a bridal show in Decorah.  Amber is getting married in September.  Filled up on Wedding Cake samples.  Also scored some good deals at Goodwill including some lighting for the bathroom for $8 (originally in the $100 range).

No comments: