Monday, February 13, 2012

2012- Week 6

1.  Leslie Schiller (and her family) is amazing.  We went to her house for dinner.  We helped each other with our individual problems.  We shared stories.  Link played with the kids immediately and didn't even complain that his parents were not with him.  God, I miss seeing her on a regular basis.


2.  Bryce borrowed a book on bread making from Leslie and has been a busy little baker ever since. 

3.  Family Fun Website.  I have been using it a lot for after school program snacks and I just want to give it a shout out because I love it so much.

4. Creative Connections Board had it's first meeting.  One of the first ideas I am really proud of creating during my AmeriCorps position.  The board seemed to be the right people.  They are all willing and interested in continuing the program.   

5. Methland.  I checked this book out from the library and I LOVE it.  I relate a little better than a most readers as I was teaching in the high school in Oelwein during the years that the author was doing investigating and the first person mentioned in the book, Nathan Lein, rode my bus when I was growing up.  But this is such a great read for everyone to see the behind the scenes of Meth in the US.


6. Bridesmaids Dresses and another Bridal Fair weekend (again).  Amber bought her dress and it looks like we might be going with a dress I like for the bridesmaids dresses. 

7.  Bryce got the part he wanted in the Opera House Production.  I was teasing him that he would probably end up making out with another actor who we thought would get play opposite him and he will be. 

8.  We did spin art at Creative Connections and there was a Spaghetti Dinner afterwards that the Lions were putting on at the school.


9.  Link was an absolute ham this weekend, picking up everything and saying everything.  I got my first picture of him with both dimples showing, even though he looks a little funny.  Just shows the personality he was having all week.

10.  Valentines all got sent, although I forgot to take photographs of most of them. 

1 comment:

me said...

Now I want to read Methland.

So glad Link got your dimples!

Jasmine