Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Blues and Babo

I have been having some depression lately. Mostly dealing with the combination of income, not being satisfied with the work I do, trying to figure out what to do when the baby is here and not seeing any light at the end of tunnel, making me think this ride is longer than I want it to be. This week went SOOO slow. Yet, without much drama.

My greatest happiness has been my husband. I could not imagine a better dad for this child. Today he got to feel baby's movements for the first time. It was awesome. Also, while I was at work he instant messaged me saying he had a surprise for me. This in not like him and I was super excited, but not wanting to get to excited unless it was like he swept the floor or something like that. When I came home I was greeted to the surprise of a new camera. I am very excited.

We also had an box of Old Navy clothes come in. I did some bargin bin online shopping and got a bunch of shirts for myself and pants for Bryce. Clothes can always make me happy.

I talked to my boss about maternity leave. I guess by family leave act I can be gone 12 weeks, but without pay. I learned we have paid sick days and I have 5 for the year (so I can use those). Plus my second year of being at the office is coming at the end of March so I have another week of paid vacation, so that is 2 weeks paid. I know I will probably take more than that, but I can at least feel confident that when I do have the baby my bills won't go unpaid. I never knew about the sick days and I was unaware that I had more vacation. So I thought I was going to get nothing.

Oh, and my boobs just reminded me again just now. I am definitely starting to leak. So weird to all of the sudden feel wet when you have no reason to be.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

so weird to feel wet when you don't need to be...bahhahaha, you make me laugh.