Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's G

So I have been having some bad charlie horses so I asked a physical therapist that was out with us on girl's night out what she suggested. She said I was probably dehydrated and needed electrolytes so I should drink a sports drink. I tried to drink this blue gatorade before going to bed and it immediately dried my mouth out and kept me up half the night. I suppose it is some type of energy drink so before bed is not the best idea, but whatever. I didn't have any cramps but I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Plus I had to pee about every 5 minutes (and I'm not even exaggerating).
The hemp seed oil is going pretty well for my depression. It tastes good on eggs and salads and I have been feeling pretty well. Today though I am up and down as a new stress has been added into my life. My husband. Sorry, hun, I know you read this. We have issues with jobs and it can get tricky with freelancing. In addition, his paycheck from January still has not come, which is cramping our style. Makes you realize you should have a back up fund. If only there was enough money and time to save for that even.
Our health coverage plan went up which is not making me happy. I already hate health insurance, but wanted to have it for the baby. Now that I am going through a midwife I don't even need it. At the end of the year I am going to put all my health bills together and see what insurance paid and what we paid into insurance. Yes, I know there could be huge things that happen, but if we started our own health savings account instead of insurance at this point in our life we could have a pretty good pot to dig from. Plus I know far too many people who have been dropped in time of need by insurance.

2 comments:

Emm said...

Shannon,

I also get horrible leg cramps. I did the hypnobirthing with Eliza and it works great on cramps also. Same theory on legs with labor I guess :). When you feel them coming on take a deep breath and let you leg muscles relax, it take a lot of practice, but works like a charm.

One Artist a Day said...

Thanks a bunch Em. I get potassium and calcium suggestions as well, but nothing is working. I'll give it a try.